Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

HELP PLEASE!!! 4.5 application loader!

i have downloaded the 4.5 update for my brand new curve. i began to install it and it stopped working, deleting everything off my phone. i know have a hand set with an tiny application window on it with a cross through it. when i go to re-try the application loader for the 4.5 update it doesn't recognise my handset!! neither does my desktop software. please please help i don't know how to get anything back on the phone or update it to the new software without my computer recognising it!"
New Contributor

Re: HELP PLEASE!!! 4.5 application loader!

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by laura_saidani on 10-08-2008 06:58 PM
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320

I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago, however, I was not trying to use the app loader. I contacted my cellular provider and they told me that my OS had crashed and that there was nothing I could do about it. They sent me a replacement phone right away and I haven't had a problem with it since.
New Contributor

ah well, out of pure luck i managed to fix it, but now i have it installed on the phone, my blackberry chat, maps and GPS have all dissapeared...any solutions for this?!
Contributor

Hopefully you backed-up your device before trying to install the new software. If not you can try and use the application loader to re-install the applications.
Highlighted
Contributor

It seems that I have ran into a problem with the 4.5 software as well, lol. I curently have 4.2 on my curve and tried installing 4.5, but the application loader says I'm running the latest software. Did you initially run into this problem? I will post a new thread regarding this matter.