Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

HELP Please on Error Encountered 0x80040FB3, Check Documentation

[ Edited ]

Dear Friends,

Could anyone help since I'm kinda a newbie on BlackBerry, I have managed to locate the error code on the following page:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14818&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

and further also try to locate the KB01451 and follow the instruction, but I still can't determine which data is corrupt.

My understanding that there's an error or corrupt data on my Contact, but to locate it is almost impossible or just plain inexperience.

Anyone that help could help out is really appreciatte it.

Thanking you in advanced

Cheers,

CRJ

Message Edited by CRJ275 on 10-09-2008 09:07 AM
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: HELP Please on Error Encountered 0x80040FB3, Check Documentation

the problem occurs during the contacts synchronization. During that process, before the error, it works.
=> so you have many contacts already available in your Blackberry that have been synchronized.
if it is in alphabetical order (lexicographical), then it's easy to see which contact is defective.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Not Specified

Re: HELP Please on Error Encountered 0x80040FB3, Check Documentation

Thanks it helped. You would think that the software would output such a log automatically and then keep processing for the other records.