Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

HELP!: Screen Randomly Keeps Turning On

[ Edited ]

I keep the phone in my shirt pocket and it keeps turning on and I cannot figure out why. Is there a way to make the screen only turn on by pressing the screen?

Anyone know why it might keep turning on? Even as I sit here and type this message, the phone is in front of me, on my desk and the screen keeps turning on and off without moving it, touching it, or receiving any messages...?

Sometimes I look down and I see that the screen has turned on. Other times, it's not on, I take it out of my pocket and it still stays off. For whatever reason, in my pocket (without moving much and sitting in the same spot), the screen just turns on.

Is there a sensor involved? I can't imagine this is the culprit because when I take it out of my pocket, it stays off. Just sitting in my pocket, it randomly turns on...?

Message Edited by Dankees on 03-14-2009 11:17 PM
Message Edited by Dankees on 03-14-2009 11:22 PM
My Device: Not Specified

Re: HELP!: Screen Randomly Keeps Turning On

I do not know the answer but my phone just recently started doing the same thing, I will leave sitting on the counter and it will dim off and on without me even touching it. It is getting annoying because it is now running my battery down and I have to turn it off to save it.

I think I am just going to have to go and talk to the cell phone provider to so they can hopfully help me with this.

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Well the last message was 2009. It is now August 2011 and my BlackBerry Torch is doing exactly the same thing. Just sitting on the desk dimming out and a minute later waking up with no apparent reason. Is it a fault or a bug?

BlackBerry Support, anu ideas?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello frankclake,

I have no idea. But remember this is a community forum. The contributors here are mere BlackBerry users just like you, who spend part of their free time helping other people.

If you wish to have formal BlackBerry support, you will need to either contact your carrier hotline, or @blackberryhelp on twitter.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Playbook, Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

THis happens to me too, with my new curve and last model.  The worst part is that I am a pilot, and it keeps turning on while I'm flying!

I'd be very interested in hearing a solution.  The only answer I've heard to date is that it might be  because of the alarm--only thing is that I have had it disabled and it still turns on.

Cheers

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: China Mobile Pak

Hi.
I was having the same issue. I searched the internet and found that doing Soft Reset usually solve some problems in your blackberry phone. So I did a soft Reset and surprisingly it worked. My phone's screen is not keep turning on again and again. To do soft Reset. 

Soft Reset
Press ALT + RIGHT SHIFT(CAP) + DELETE.

Visitor
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks it really worked. I was quite done with mine since was facing the same problem. However after doing softtouch it is working absoluteky fine.