Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9000

HELP! Some of my built in apps on my phone have gone :(

Hi, blackberry messenger wouldn't work on my phone so searched on the forums for help and I followed these instructions I found:

1. Connect your BlackBerry device via USB cable to the desktop/laptop.

2. Open Internet Explorer in your computer 

3. Go to address: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/devices/

3. Click on Update Now  button

4. Click on Options button in Application Loader (popped up window) and look trough the list of available applications.

4. Select BlackBerry Messenger and continue

after following the steps I selected 'blackberry messenger' when everything had finished all my phone numbers and text messages had disappeared along with my memo pad, a game and maps. Also before I never had the internet on my phone and I used wireless, which I was happy with as I didn't want to pay for the internet but after this I now have the internet on my phone which is strange and I keep getting charged when all I want is my wireless back Smiley Sad oh and to top it all off bbm still doesn't work

Im passed caring about BBM now i just want my lost apps back along with my wireless and no internet.

I will be very grateful for any help.

Thanks, Sammi

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: HELP! Some of my built in apps on my phone have gone :(

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

What you performed was a device OS update -- which wipes out everything in AppMemory in order to update the core OS. It cannot restore 3rd party things nor can it sometimes restore personal data. What you needed to first do was a desktop software backup of everything (KB12487 How to back up the data on a BlackBerry smartphone) so that, post update, you could restore. I don't know if the website update method offers a backup or not...but you could search your hard drive for a file with an ipd extension (*.ipd)...if some exist, examine the date/time of the file to see if its relevant. If so, use the desktop software and use that file as a restore source:

KB10339 How to restore data from a backup file to the BlackBerry smartphone

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................