Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Proffesor

HELP ! Transfer mails with attachments from old outlook to PC

Hi,I really need help,

I had an old outlook account but now I don't have access to it anymore . However I've still got the emails with attachments on a Backup file.When I restore my BB(Bold 9700) to that fill the emails appear, but I try to download the attachment it doesn't work.

I really need help please, is there a way I could get those attachments back?

Thank you.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: HELP ! Transfer mails with attachments from old outlook to PC

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Nope...the attachment isn't physically on your BB until you actually obtain it from the server, and typically is only there for as long as you are viewing it, then it's deleted from your BB -- kind of a "temp file". So, when you backed up, the actual attachments were not there.

Hence, now that you've restored, they still aren't there...but it attempts again to download them from the server. The problem is that the server is no longer available, so it cannot succeed.

The only solution is if you can make that server again exist as well as have the server-based mailbox completely restored...then you could perhaps again retrieve these attachments.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................