Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Z30 and Passport SE
My Carrier: TMob

HELP W006.3 error.. could a push update from other provider, while roaming, disable wifi calling?? problem while overseas..

[ Edited ]

I'm overseas. For a week I have been able to use wifi calling over UMA to make calls and send texts back to the states, without a problem. Then this morning my ph died, due to battery getting low. When I finally plugged in the phone again, the mobile network (I have not turned it on, or used it for a week??) was on and it connected me to the local provider "Telia", and I also had the WiFi connected. After that I have not been able to use wifi calling/UMA calling, or sending text messages, unless I log into mobile network and Telia. TMobile tech support couldn't figure it out? I have restarted both the phone and the router.

My question is if Telia could have pushed some update on to my phone and blocked the wifi calling feature. I keep getting the W006.3 error, not able to connect UMA. It worked fine on this router, just last night.

Any help or suggestions are very appreciated.

/theViking

too long ago to remember, 9700, 9900, PB, Z30. Passport SE
Contributor
My Device: Z30 and Passport SE
My Carrier: TMob

Re: HELP W006.3 error.. could a push update from other provider, while roaming, disable wifi calling?? problem while overseas..

Issue figured out but not solved. local provider Telia, pushed their settings to my phone and disabled the UMA calling feature... mofo's..

Now I have to reinstall the software or wait until I'm back on my own network and see if that changes it back again..

Telia can suck my... If they blocked it on the network level, I would be ok. But to change the configuration on my phone, is that even legal??

too long ago to remember, 9700, 9900, PB, Z30. Passport SE
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: HELP W006.3 error.. could a push update from other provider, while roaming, disable wifi calling?? problem while overseas..

Telia has the right to allow a set of features when you use their network.

for an advanced feature like WiFi or UMA, allowing or blocking that set of features is done through the service books.

the local carrier of the SIM card you use can push or delete service books on your phone, that is the technical way this is done.

What has happened is that, at first, you still had the service books from your home carrier.

Then Telia put the service books on your phone straight to comply with the terms & conditions of you using their SIM card.

This is normal, and this is the way this is supposed to happen.

That being said, what you need to do is get a working UMA service book. For this you need two conditions :

• use a SIM card from a provider that has that book
  • the SIM card must be in its own country

so indeed what you can do now:

• either you use your home SIM card and wait to be home to fetch the service books
  • or you find a SIM card from a carrier in Sweden that allows UMA, and insert it in your device

Once this is done, you can do UMA as long as the service books are on your device.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: