Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

HELP!! With Email

Hey! When I try to set up my E-mail account with the Setup Email application and go to create a new account the device tells me there is already a account with the PIN and ESN and I am pretty sure I haven't set up the account yet...I don't know what to do??
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: HELP!! With Email

This typically happens on second hand devices.  You can try contacting your Carrier to resolve the problem, but more often you have to contact the original owner and ask them to contact the original BlackBerry Carrier and have them release the PIN.  For obvious reasons, usually only the original owner can release the PIN.  The only possible exception being if you received the BlackBerry from your Carrier for example as a waranty replacement device.
Jerry
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

This could happen if the device is already been integrated with someone else's IDs. Is it an used BlackBerry? If so then previous owners might have integrated this. If you want to make the device free then either call the previous owner and ask for the user name and password or you may contact the service provider for making the device free from BIS Admin site.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: Not Specified

Thanks guys, I got the phone on Ebay and it was used so Ill try an get a hold of the owner and then if I cant Ill go to Alltel.  Again thanks for your help