Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: sprint

HELP !!! hands free paring bb bluetooth with car stereo 2011 kia sorento

[ Edited ]

I was able to pair my bb 8530 curve with my kia sorento 2011 car stereo via Bluetooth,  but  once  I leave the car, and come back the connections  always  fail.

I do have my Bluetooth "discoverable"

on my option settings I have only check mark "hands free", "audio source" & "A/v source"

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: HELP !!! hands free paring bb bluetooth with car stereo 2011 kia sorento

you dont want it to be discoverable, you do however want to check off dont ask me again to connect to this device when you pair it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
New Contributor

do you mean after I pair , change discoverable option to no, or before pairing have the discoverable option off?

My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

I seem to be having the same problem.   I just bought a 2011 kia sorento.   I pair my bold 9650 and half the time it will pair correctly and other times it won't pair at all no matter what I do.   anyone have any other suggestions?

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I have the blackberry bold 9650 and I am having the same problem.  it will pair fine but then I will get in the car later and it will tell me pairing failed.  i dont know what else too do....help!

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

I too am having issues with my 2011 Kia Sportage bluetooth and pairing my BB Tour 9630.  It works the first time, but when I leave the car and get back in, I get "pairing failed" over and over and over again.  I would say this happens, 95% of the time. I reached out to Kia and they basically told me it was the phone and how the security is set up and not a issue with Kia.  I don't understand this.  Has anyone had a breakthrough and now has this working?

My Device: Tour
My Carrier: verizon

I'm having the same problem with automatically re-connecting my BB Tour to the 2011 Kia Sorento.  I end up having to turn off then turn on the phone's bluetooth for it to eventually connect to the car again.  I've noticed that the Bluetooth doesn't always turn back on again on the phone when I check the box.  Sometimes it asks for the security code again.  I've tried battery pulls but the same problem once again when I leave then return to the car.  Something is unstable here or a setting change is needed.   Any ideas?

New Contributor

I found help paring my bb to my 2011 sorento at the kiaforum.com

this are the instructioin I used to  fixed it. In Bluetooth Options unchecked all items on the Services list except Handsfree. The then deleted the Kia from the BB and the BB from the Kia. I then paired again, in options on the BB I changed Discoverable to "No" and then on BB in Sorento Device Properties change Encryption to "Disabled". This has worked almost 2 weeks now with no new issues.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Same problem with 2012 KIA Sportage - go to Connections - Bluetooth - click your BB menu button / options - uncheck "A/V remote control target" .  Delete previous pairing from car and phone - re-pair devices, turn off encryption and discoverable.  Good luck.