Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Du

HELP my blackberry bold 9900 fell in water :(

About an hour ago my blackberry fell in the water and didnt work for a while. i took out the battery dried it and blow drie it all until it was completely. i put the battery and tried it, but only the red light was there. after the seventh try it finally opened but it said "battery drained. shutting device down" so i charged it and then it stopped working again. i keep trying to turn it on but nothing shows up except the red light. what do i do? Smiley Sad

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: HELP my blackberry bold 9900 fell in water :(

Hello hazemtoka

Welcome to Support Forums

REMOVE THE BATTERY IMMEDIATELY !

If our BlackBerry ever got wet then we should not try to Turn it ON to see if it works . Should immediately remove the Battery , also SIM  and Media Card. We should place it in a bag of Uncooked rice which absorb the moisture .

Should leave it for atleast 3 to 4 days unless we are sure that moisture has been completely absorbed . Then we should place our BlackBerry on any heat emitting surface like stabilizer etc , Or in the dashboard of a car on a sunny day. Before inserting the battery we should be sure that it is completely dry.

Have you done this after your device got wet ?

Still after following those steps it is not guarantied that our device will be trouble free and will perform as earlier , because when moisture or any liquid substance enter our BlackBerry  it starts corrosion which leads to problem like quick battery drainage , problem in typing and many more .

In all condition we should try to avoid our BlackBerry from any moisture intrusion or any liquid , liquid or moisture is the worst enemy of our BlackBerry or any electronic devices. 

Finally if you never conducted those inital measures , Then that BlackBerry will be useless , you can try a local repair shop but result will not be fruitful.

Sorry !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: HELP my blackberry bold 9900 fell in water :(

For future reference, NEVER blowdry a battery. You run the risk of blowing moisture deeper into the battery. Use the recommendations made by prince2012.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.