Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T Mobile

HELP! problem after update OS & email accounts msg 'there was an unexpected error and the operation was cancelled'

[ Edited ]

Hello I hope someone can help as i am very upset my BB10 is not functioning.

I have had this handset 3 months & love it!

I updated the OS and now on 10.1.0.4181... I had to do a memory swipe as handset working fine until update then it would not make or receive calls hence the swipe also cleaned up emails etc.

Now when I come to add the email accounts  which it allows but  no emails are received.. I keep getting  this 

message 'there was an unexpected error and the operation was cancelled.'

I used to have 2 x virgin media email addresses, 1 x hotmail.co.uk & 1 x live@.co.uk email address linked to Z10 

handset and worked perfect..

What has happened to my phone.. I so need it to operate as before as I use it for work (self employed)

On the settings the virgin emails will sometimes say not connected.

I can use the internet & apps ok & text.. but I love the hub and that is not working like it did...

Can someone please help & advise before I send it to a watery grave...ThanksSmiley Happy

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: HELP! problem after update OS & email accounts msg 'there was an unexpected error and the operation was cancelled'

Hey Piratekat,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Just to clarify, when you go into Settings>Account you are not able to add any additional email accounts?  Are any of those email accounts still present on the BlackBerry Z10?

Also can you send me a private message with your PIN number so I can investigate further?

I look forward to your reply.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: HELP! problem after update OS & email accounts msg 'there was an unexpected error and the operation was cancelled'

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

Can I get you to manually add the live.co.uk email account by changing the incoming mail server to one of these servers: blu-m.hotmail.com, dub-m.hotmail.com, stn-m.hotmail.com, bay-m.hotmail.com, col-m.hotmail.com or snt-m.hotmail.com.

Then try to add it, let me know if the issue persists.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!