Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9670 style
My Carrier: 8186792382
Accepted Solution

HELP......transfer contacts

blackberry style phone 9670. just went dead. no power nothing. got a replacement phone. how do i transfer my contacts since the phone is dead. by the way i had blackbery protect on the dead phone. how do i retreive any info. phone is dead...................please HELP

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: HELP......transfer contacts

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If the old BB is truly dead, then it is not available as the source for restoring your data to your new device. Rather, you must use a different source, one that you created before the old BB died.

If you did a desktop backup, you can use the backup file as the source of restore:

• KB10339 How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

If you were synchronizing with a desktop organizer (e.g., Outlook), then you can use that as a source of restore by re-configuring the RIM Desktop Software to now work with your new BB:

• KB03315 How to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Since you were using BB Protect, that as well is an available source of restore:

• KB25063 How to use BlackBerry Protect to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone

You must be sure to log into, on the new BB, the same BB ID that you were using on the old BB. If you have already created a brand new BB ID on this new BB, then you will need to switch it to your old BB ID:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

This will likewise allow you to migrate other things that were on your old BB -- e.g., AppWorld purchase/download records.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................