Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8250
My Carrier: Fido

HELP! urgent question about sms messages and sim card that NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO ANSWER

Hi, I need to know if it's possible to retrieve text messages from a blackberry if they're NOT saved on the sim card

I have a Curve 8250 if that makes a difference

I've been hearing about a lottttttt of devices and programs that can retrieve any deleted text, sent, or received

BUT

if there have never been texts saved on the sim card, is it still possible? or only if they are saved on the sim?

To anyone who can give me an answer, I appreciate your help SOOOOO MUCH

I keep hearing crazy different information :@

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: HELP! urgent question about sms messages and sim card that NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO ANSWER

[ Edited ]

ButterPecan wrote:

Hi, I need to know if it's possible to retrieve text messages from a blackberry if they're NOT saved on the sim card

So, is your question:

"Can one retrieve SMS text messages saved (not the SIM card) to the BlackBerry device memory?"

Yes. Sure they can. I don't understand the controversy.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: HELP! urgent question about sms messages and sim card that NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO ANSWER

Yes, that's what I'm asking

So the sms messages don't need to be saved to the SIM in order to retrieve them?

How can I permanently delete every single text message that has been deleted already completely from my phone to ensure no one can use such a device and retrieve them?

Ps, thank you for replying

ButterPecan wrote:

So the sms messages don't need to be saved to the SIM in order to retrieve them?

Absolutely not, and it's recommended to NOT save your SMS messages to your SIM card, but rather to your device memory. SIM card memory is very limited in size, your device memory on all new BlackBerry devices is much much larger.

ButterPecan wrote:

How can I permanently delete every single text message that has been deleted already completely from my phone to ensure no one can use such a device and retrieve them?

Several ways.

• Options > Security > Wipe Handheld., that will clear ALL personal information, data, messages, address book, calendar, preferences, etc.
  • Open your SMS Messages folder > scroll to the top most date bar > Menu key > Delete Prior.
  • Connect to the BlackBerry Desktop Software > Device > Delete Data > choose the SELECT options and ONLY select the SMS messages database
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

You are a life saver, you cannot understand how much I appreciate your help

I do the second option almost every day, but does that erase it completely? 

I like the third option the best, because I only want to delete the SMS history from my phone 

This is my last question I promise! If I were to do option 3, where I erase it from the Desktop Software etc, how can I double check they have been erased for good? I don't know if that makes sense, for example, when that device, you can see all the texts from the phone, so when they are erased, you can double check by opening the folder and seeing if there are any ones somehow left over

Before and after you delete the messages, go to Options > Status.

On the screen, press the Menu key > Database Sizes.

Scroll down to SMS messagges, The size will be listed such as "456/89k", the 456 is the number of SMS messages.

Afterwards, it should be "0/0k"

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank you so much, this is so much easier than buying all these devices and such to permanently delete it all

Sure, you're welcome.

I really don't understand the confusion about all this, it's all very well documented here in this forum, the BlackBerry Knowledge Base and all.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: curve 8250
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Sir I have deleted text messages and want to know if the same can be retrived.......please dont say no as its very very important.....Please lemme know how to do it

khansajid61 wrote:

Sir I have deleted text messages and want to know if the same can be retrived.......please dont say no as its very very important.....Please lemme know how to do it

You deleted them?

They are deleted.

Knowledge Base Updates