Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700 os 6.0.0.706
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: HELP!!! wifi connected but no browsing or bbm on 9900

even u have full data plan, sometime u can't use wifi for browsing.

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Tmobile

Before when I had the bold 9700, i was still able to use wifi to browse and bbm without a BIS data plan. so how come with this phone I can't?

I'm still stuck, please help.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

To be honest, I can't figure out why as my Bold 9900 can browse over wifi on my home network no problem even with no SIM card on it. The only thing I can suggest is that it might require access to BIS briefly once just to download the relevant service books. You can try to find those service books online, or you can add BIS for one month or something like that just to see if that works. If it still doesn't work, I'm not sure what the problem is...

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Tmobile

thanks guys, now i can browse......(don't ask me how that happened) but I cannot download  bbm or receive email direct to my phone over wifi.......this is really frustrating.

Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

That is how it should be working now. You can't get email or BBM without a BIS plan, even if you have wifi working. The only way you can use email or BBM over wifi is if you have an existing BIS plan. For example, I recently went on a trip for a week and I was able to get my BBM messages and emails when I connected via wifi because my BIS plan was still active while I was gone.

I hope that helps explain things, and at least more and more of RIM's apps are starting to work over wifi.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!