Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: O2

HELP!!!

I bought a blackberry torch second hand in march, the screen is no longer working! The buttons will light up but nothing will show on the screen! I have been told to contact blackberry to send the phone off to hopefully be repaired but cannot find any number to contact them! If any one knows how I can contact UK offices or something please let me know!

Thanks!

Laura Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: HELP!!!

Laura, greetings and welcome to the Forums.

1. Your device should still be in warranty, and your mobile service provider should handle that. Who is it?

Is the Torch also branded to this same carrier?

2. There is a "CONTACT" link at the bottom of this page. If you determine your carrier does not support the warranty on this unit, use that link to contact RIM for out of warranty devices.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I bought the phone second hand off ebay, the phone was orginally under the vodaphone network but its unlocked now to O2. I brought it into a phone shop and they told me I had to phone blackberry myself to get it sent away, but I cannot find a number to contact them Smiley Frustrated!

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ok, understood, then. You won't get support with an unlocked device on another carrier.

You need to contact RIM directly at the link I described above.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Have you tried to go into a vodafone location for assistance? They may be able to pull up the IMEI # and view the warranty status.
Be sure to click the white Kudos star to thank users that helped.
Place the check in Solution? for posts that have solved your issue!
New Contributor

I havnt! Thanks I will try that tomorrow!
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

When you do visit vodafone, try to avoid mentioning the fact that you're not using it with vodafone.

Just say it's used by your mother/father (on vodafone) and you've brought the phone in for repair. If they ask where the SIM is, just tell them because it's such a vital line, they've used a SIM in a replacement phone while you are out fixing the phone.

Some retailers immediately will say they won't help you if you mention the words "unlocked" or that you're with another carrier.
Be sure to click the white Kudos star to thank users that helped.
Place the check in Solution? for posts that have solved your issue!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Okay thanks alot! Smiley Happy