Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

HELPP!!!!!

Ok I've been having problems with my Blackberry or a while now, my Call buttn, Menu button, Back buttom and my End Call button do not work, and when I try and click the track pad it does ot do anything, and now my keyboard has stopped working and I have to hit the back of my phone to get it to respond, the colour indicator on my phone itself is pure white so no sign or it being wet or having moisture inside of it however the inicator on my battery is turning a little pink, I'm not to sure why the button's won't work unless it is something to do with the wiring inside of my phone, any suggestions or advice would be helpful.

Thank you.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: HELPP!!!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you describe, I recommend the following...

REMOVE YOUR BB BATTERY NOW!!!

Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time (perhaps longer...perhaps 5 days). Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

If moisture has intruded into the device, then what you describe is completely as would be expected. Corrosion due to moisture progresses over time...slowly but surely causing more and more things to go wrong. If such is the case for you, then I'd guess that it's already way to late to save the device.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

The problem with he buttons has been happening for months but the moisture only appeared a week or so ago, is there any way it could be the wiring inside the phone coming loose?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Anything is possible...but diagnosing and resolving anything hardware related is, I am sure you can understand, quite impossible at an internet distance...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Yes I totally understand that just think it's strange how my keypad works when i hit or shake my phone

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

I agree...that sounds strange indeed. But, only a qualified BB hardware technician, with the device in their hands, can give you a proper diagnosis and estimate.

Good luck!