Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: EE

Re: HOST ROUTING TABLE FUNCTIONS (HRT ENTRIES)

HELP!!! My new Blackberry just wont allow my Host Routing settings, i register for it but no settings come through, also it wont let me set BBM up AT ALL, it just goes to bbm set up screen and doesnt stop loading and saying setting up bbm even though the phone hasnt froze, what do i need to do?

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

KieranA1998 wrote:

HELP!!! My new Blackberry just wont allow my Host Routing settings, i register for it but no settings come through, also it wont let me set BBM up AT ALL, it just goes to bbm set up screen and doesnt stop loading and saying setting up bbm even though the phone hasnt froze, what do i need to do?

Hello,

There is a tremendous amount of discussion already in this thread...have you yet read and tried any of it? If not, please do so.

Also note that populating the HRT is a matter between your BB and your mobile service providers network...if it will not work, only they have any "behind the scenes" access to their systems so as to look and perhaps see why your BB and their network cannot properly communicate with each other.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: blackberyy bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN Zambia

I also hav the same problem I tried to access the internet with my bold 9900 but i have failed to connect. My blackberry internet service is active and my courrier has confirmed activation of the plan also i tried it on another blackberry it worked just fine. Problem, whenever i try the web response is "Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web, you must use Wi-Fi or contact your service provider to change your service plan". I also reinstalled my operating system. Evrything seems fine except internet access. Calls SMS Okay. HRT shows no Entries. This is the first time am using this 9900 phone with my card. My network is MTN Zambia but the phone was MTN south Africa, It is unlocked.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As discussed above in this thread, the issue you face is one completely between your device and your carrier network. Only they can look at their network to determine why it will not deliver the necessary HRT entries to your device. No one here has any such "back end" system access to look deeper into this. All we can do is theorize...we cannot truly look deeply at anything. I recommend you again contact your carrier but insist that they provide you with support to determine why this is happening. No one here can look into that for you/them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................