Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

HOST ROUTING TABLE FUNCTIONS (HRT ENTRIES)

HRT is the Host Routing Tables.

It is entries sent from the Carrier.

when you highlight the above entry and hit register now, it registers it with the wireless network. Updates the device details onto the rim relay and sends down carrier specific icons or applicants.

The main reason u need to wipe a device after someone uses it or u switch carriers it to clear the hrt entries.

For example, its common for an 83xx user to go overseas, work fine, come home but then can't get data connection (EDGE, GPRS etc)

Thats because the HRT entries become corrupt or invalid as the o/s carrier may have sent down another 5 entries. So we take a report from each case, record the hrt entries and what countries they went to and then escalate the issue to RIM. the fix is to wipe the device and re-activate.

Hope that helps.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
My Device: Not Specified

Re: HOST ROUTING TABLE FUNCTIONS (HRT ENTRIES)

Just to clarify the above post, these entries sent from the carrier inform the device about it's connection to the wireless network? Is there any commonality between this and over the air activation (*228 for example) which downloads stuff like the PRL, SID/NID, MDN, MTN, etc. Does completing over the air programming automatically trigger the register now function? Exactly what details are stored in the HRT? Is it just network routing type information as it would seem to imply or does it actually store things like what icons and apps are available?

Also, when you say it registers the device with the RIM relay, will it update my BIS settings after I activate a new device? If I can send a pin message, isn't my device already registered? What more registration is required? Does it trigger any update or download of service books? If it sends down carrier specific icons and applications is this just a configuration or if an application has been deleted will it download it?

Is there any possible way to remove or clear entries beyond wiping the device? When I register does it just add additional entries or does it change existing ones? If it just adds additional entries, how does it deal with a conflict between carrier specific settings?

Basically, I've got a laundry list of questions and there doesn't seem to be much information available anywhere beyond using register now to connect to the network and maybe fix a problem with missing icons here and there. Are there more technical details available anywhere I have access to? Are there some sort of detailed white papers available? My curiousity is killing me...

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Any why there is a routing for Wi-Fi with address and ports rcp.na.blackberry.com:443?

and why is there a blackberry related address? I thought RIM  was not proxying the Wi-Fi connections.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: DIgicel Aruba

I have a blackberry bold onyx that I bought on eBay that's supposd to be Roger's Unlocked.

When I put my sim card in it, the phone works. But it works as a normal phone: No BIS.

When I try to register the phone through the HRT I get nothing in return.

What am I supposed to do??

HELP PLEASE Smiley Sad

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

LJansen wrote:

I have a blackberry bold onyx that I bought on eBay that's supposd to be Roger's Unlocked.

When I put my sim card in it, the phone works. But it works as a normal phone: No BIS.

When I try to register the phone through the HRT I get nothing in return.

What am I supposed to do??

HELP PLEASE Smiley Sad

Hi there!

Contact your carrier for assistance with getting your BB registered on their network.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

how to update HRT

On the handset, go to:
Options - Advanced Options - Host Routing Table
and click Register now, and escape back to the home page.

Wait 2 minutes and see if you can access internet, email, etc.

If not might have to do what the OP said.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

im having a smiliar problem. just purchased the blackberry curve 8520 and i cant seem to register with my hrt. i go to advanced  options - host routing table - register now & a message appears saying 'Registration message sent!' but after that nothing happens & it still says * No Entries * when i click in the host routing table .. any ideas on how i solve this?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

abbierose-x wrote:

im having a smiliar problem. just purchased the blackberry curve 8520 and i cant seem to register with my hrt. i go to advanced  options - host routing table - register now & a message appears saying 'Registration message sent!' but after that nothing happens & it still says * No Entries * when i click in the host routing table .. any ideas on how i solve this?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

If the HRT won't update, then you need to contact your carrier for assistance.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

by carrier do you mean my network provider?

Hall of Famer III

Perhaps -- you may or may not define it the same (e.g., "network provider" could also mean ISP). Basically, it is whoever you pay for the mobile services you have on your BB...cellular voice, data, etc.