07-28-2011 08:03 AM
All your phone truly needs is its software updating. I believe that sometimes certain software versions just stop working or become incompatible in some way or another because they are too 'old', and this incompatibility particularly affects Blackberry Messenger or receiving incoming emails. I worked out how to fix my own Blackberry Curve 8520, without having to ask anyone for help, particularly my carrier service (Orange - as I believe that they are as clueless as we are!). In short terms, you need to replace your device's software completely, and this may take a while, but it is definitely worth it!
This is how I fixed mine :
1) Have your USB lead ready to connect your phone to your laptop, or Mac (but do not connect your phone via the USB to the laptop until after step 3.)
2) In order to manually reinstall the latest software - even if you have the latest software, this shall work - you have to download the 'Desktop For Blackberry' program onto your laptop, or Mac. Click the following link in order to download and install this program -
(for laptops only, to download this program for Macs, go to the blackberry website and find the program, it gives you the link for Mac download separately).
3) Ensure that you have fully installed the 'Desktop For Blackberry' program on your laptop, or Mac, and then proceed to set up your phone with this program by connecting your phone to your laptop, or Mac, via the USB cable. It should then prompt you to enter your devices security password. From here, you should be able to access your phone via your laptop.
4) Once 'Desktop For Blackberry' is fully set up and synced with your Blackberry device, the next major step is to install the latest software update for your device (even if you have the latest software, reinstalling it should work). Follow the following link in order to download the latest software version via 'Desktop For Blackberry' -
- (If you are viewing this message a few weeks or months later, when you follow this link, ensure that this is the LATEST software available. If it isn't, the latest software shall be on the left of the screen when the link is clicked on.)
This should, again, prompt you to enter your device security password on 'Desktop For Blackberry', and then follow the next few steps to fully install the latest software onto your Blackberry Device.
NB; DO NOT DISCONNECT OR LET YOUR LAPTOP, OR MAC, LOSE POWER DURING THIS PROCESS, OTHERWISE THIS MAY LRENDER YOUR DEVICE COMPLETELY DISABLED.
NB2; THIS PROCESS IS NOT A QUICK FIXX, IT MAY TAKE UP TO AN HOUR, OR MORE, FOR THE PROCESS TO COMPLETE ITSELF.
LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS, KUDOS PLEASE AND LEAVE ANY COMMENTS OR QUERIES !!
12-24-2012 01:06 PM
Righ my Blackberry is not working right.If i take the batery out and put it back in it will come up the box to put my password in, but the thing is its will not let me type any thing at all and its been like this for a while how do i fix it?
01-05-2013 07:37 PM
ive tried it but the situation is that when i got to a point when it was reconecting to jvw it did not go further and was asking for the password saing i should reconect nd then brought a 507 error nd when trying to reload the os it asks for the password and does thhe same wht should i do
06-04-2013 10:34 AM
Hey I tried that before and it work but yesterday I was using my phone while talking to someone so I rest it down on a table then phone screen went black n when I press it it never responded so I need normal procedure by taking out the battery it load up then froze coming to the end of the loading bar it froze again I waited for a while took out the battery waited for 5 minis same thing I waited for 10 minis same thing so I waited 30 minis or more same thing
I left on with froze for the whole night same thing...what else can I do need help ASAP got so many important information on there already missed out and important program this morning because of that