Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: t-mobile

Re: HOW TO OPEN A BBB FILE ?

is there a way you can find one for the mac because none support my OS right now

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

sprisss wrote:

is there a way you can find one for the mac because none support my OS right now

You haven't actually looked at those, have you?

The third option posted certain is supported on Mac. I just doubled-checked.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: SUN

The https://sites.google.com/site/ipdbbbextract was not a safe link. I downloaded it and when I opened the file, it automatically installed Zynga Poker and Pokki programs on my Windows Taskbar. Then my anti-virus software automatically gave me a warning.

Regarding the BlackBerry Backup Extractor, the free version only reads the first 5 messages on your backup file. In short, ity is useless if you have too much messages to read. If you want to read the whole backup file, you have to purchase the Home Version at least.
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

JDMSim wrote:
The https://sites.google.com/site/ipdbbbextract was not a safe link

It's very safe. The member who created that is a trusted user of this forum.

Your Zynga spam came from somewhere else.

I just downloaded and installed on my new PC, and Avast made no alerts.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: o2

Hi,

I'm a developer with Amrak Software (developers of phoneMiner) and I've been following this thread for a while but only came back to it today.

If you are desperate, please contact us and we'll extract the information for you free of charge. Please note, this a onetime offer

I'm not sure on this site's policy regarding links, so you'll have to Google us.

Many thanks

Highlighted
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: none

tq it workzz
Contributor
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: at&T

okay I used the BlackBerry Backup Extractor free download which purports to allow 5 extractions from my BBY backup.  My phone was stolen and thank God I backed it up the day before!  I was hoping to get all collective info file dated 7-20-13 BUT all this program did (bizarre!) was to give me 5 samples of addresses or emails, etc. but not complete.  I understand I need to purchase but there is no assurance I will get a translated complete duplication of my entire collected info I backed up.  Anyone know the answer? Or, in the alternative a program suggested which may do what I need.  I have not replaced the BBY yet but could really use the info now.

Can we attach screenshots??  Deb

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Give Amrak Software's phoneminer a try, worked for me.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve9320
My Carrier: Orange

Hi Debra, the limitation on BlackBerry Backup Extractor comes only with the free version. There is a money-back guarantee policy for the software, so if it doesn't work to extract all your data, you get your money back.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

"We do not offer any refunds if you change your mind or find the Application is not suitable for your needs. It is your responsibility to ensure the Application is suitable for your needs before you purchase."

Doesn't sound like a 30-day money back guarantee, how can they verify it works if it is limited?