Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: CURVE 8520 - Z10
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

HOW TO : block unwanted incoming message pin.

Hello,

Well, i'm french and my english is really basic.

I have an issue with messages pin. 

My Responsible has a Z10 OS 10.1 and he receives everyday a message pin from a PIN who is linked with a website.It's like RSS or newsletter.

We don't have any problem with the Nigerian president but his life don't interess us :-).

the web site is : ipaidabribenaija.com

I have search on the web but no one have found a solution.

I have send a message to this code pin to remove us to his mailing list. No succes...

I have uninstall all third party BB applications. No succes.

I need for :

How to blacklist this PIN ?  he's not in contact list.

If we can't how to lock all PIN message ?

Cordialy,

In french :

Bonjour,

Mon directeur a récemment acquis un Z10 OS 10.1.
il reçoit des notifications tous les matins d'un contact pin, c'est un message contenant des informations sur le gouvernement nigérien lié à un site web : ipaidabribenaija.com. il y a même une appli BB pour s'abonner, chose que nous n'avons pas faite.
J'ai envoyé un message à ce contact lui demandant de noussupprimer de sa liste de diffusion sans succès.
(je ne pense pas qu'il y ait une personne physique dernière ce numéro)
Ce contact n'est pas dans sa répétoire. (j'ai vérifié)
J'ai désinstallé toutes les applications tierces installées.(Excepté la Sncf :-) )
Savez-vous comment se débarrasser de ce contact pin ?
J'ai un peu du mal à gérer la configuration du téléphone avec ce nouvel OS. je suis un peu perdu.
Ça fait 2 semaines que je cherche sur le web. j'ai finalement opté pour un sujet sur le forum officiel.

Merci par avance,

Cordialement,

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: HOW TO : block unwanted incoming message pin.

Hi Balistick and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Unfortunately there is no way to block PIN messages.  Did the messages only start after getting the BlackBerry Z10?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I'm also receiving SPAM PIN messages on my Z10 and I've never shared my PIN with anyone. The PIN message appears to be coming from RIM BLACKBERRY INDONESIA but I'm pretty sure BlackBerry has nothing to do with it. I'm not from Indonesia and have never been there.

I've been getting this (or something similiar) once a week or more and I would like it to stop. Before getting my Z10, I used to never get any of these SPAM messages.

IMG_00000550.png

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

First of all, make sure they're PIN messages you're getting; they could be Cell Broadcast messages. Just for an experiment, let's disable Cell Broadcast messages to see if that helps. Go to your Hub, swipe down from the top and select Settings>Cell Broadcast. Disable that and see if the messages stop.
Keep in mind that your carrier uses Cell Broadcast messages to deliver emergency messages (such as a hurricane headed to your location) so disabling this might not be advisable.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.