Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: HOWTO : use your blackberry as a USB device

[ Edited ]
I cannot make the drive show up in Windows for my BlackBerry Curve 8330 using the USB cable but I can synchronize with Desktop Manager.

I tried everything mentioned in the previous replies (except for cleaning the registry after uninstalling) but none of them solved the issue.
Message Edited by benjos on 06-29-2009 03:38 AM
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

I suspect your Windows installation can see your media card, but is unable to assign a letter to it (conflict with another drive).
in the control panel, go to administrative tools, in the computer management.
it opens a new window.
select Storage >> Disk Management

Do you see your BlackBerry Media card ? If you do, right-click on it and assign another letter.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

I don't see a drive for the BB or microSDHC card in the Disk Management window.

Regular Contributor

Ok, I'm adding a solution to mass storage problem here to help everyone else. When your BB drives are missing from your PC Windows Explorer, it's not necessarily caused by USB driver for Blackberry. Usually it's caused by using a 3rd party software to unlock your BB which messed up your Mass Storage. You have to re-activate your mass storage on your BB.

Here's the thread at Pinstack where you can download the batch file and run it on your PC. After it finished, your BB will reboot and your PC Windows Explorer will detect your BB drives. It takes only 1 or 2 seconds to run the batch file.

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=96938

New Contributor

Thanks Xandrex.

I haven't downloaded the driver, because my version of Desktop Manager is a very recent one - 4.7  And anyway, the PC was merrily recognizing the Blackberry till I stupidly told the Blackberry to stop being a USB device.  The problem is at the Blackberry end of the relationship.

So I look further down your post where you told me to go to the media card line under Options

I don't have a Media line under Options

New Contributor

Xandrex 

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!

I've sorted it.  You were right and I was right: it was at the Device end of the relationship, and I didn't have a Media Card line under Options, even though I have a media card.

But I found the dialogue you described.  It was under Memory in Options.  Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode had gone to NO.  I returned it to Prompt, and everything now works fine.

Thanks Xandrex: you're a godsend!

Contributor

I'm in the same boat as fviau, but how do I open a new thread so that I can have my problem resolved?
Highlighted
Contributor

How do I start a new thread so that I can have my issue resolved?  I've done everything that every forum has said and still, my PC won't recognize my BB.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

osaile wrote:
How do I start a new thread so that I can have my issue resolved?  I've done everything that every forum has said and still, my PC won't recognize my BB.

Hi there,

With a message list displayed in these forums, there is a button in one of the bars above the list that says "New Message"...click that to start a new thread.

In the meantime, here is the list of troubleshooting KB's...hopefully something will be useful:

KB02640 Troubleshooting USB connections
KB15486 Top 10 BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Manager troubleshooting tips
KB00019 No PIN displayed in BlackBerry Desktop Redirector

Hopefully something there is helpful! Do start a new thread if these don't help.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

hello,

I started this process by un-installing desktop Manager and then installing the drivers provided from the first post.  is the USB functionality not supposed to work untill you have re-installed Desktop Manager from a cd ?  windows still doesn't recognize the BB when i plug it in, i have not re-installed Desktop manager yet, i'd rather not re-install it yet if i don't have to...  thx