Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Leap; 16GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

HS-300 doesn't ring with my phone

How do I configure the HS-300 to ring when my phone rings? I have the Curve 3G with OS 6.0.  My last bluetooth headset (Motorola) rang when the phone rang.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: HS-300 doesn't ring with my phone

what happens currently? It is supposed to stop the music (if you are listening to it) and beep in your ear (just beep beep, no ringtone).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor

I haven't tried to play music.  When the phone rings, nothing is heard (not even beep, beep).

Guru I

let's try and pinpoint the issue. Can you play some music file and have someone call you ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor

I tried playing music. No sound from headset. When the phone rings I hear beeps from the headset, but very very faint. Cannot hear the beeps while in the car. I tried removing the headset and re-pairing with the phone. After 1 frustrating hour, it's working, but still no music and very quiet with beeps and messages ("hello", "connected"). I cannot figure out volume except for during a call. Not liking this anymore.
Guru I

are you saying that you cannot play music through the HS-300 ?

Regular Contributor

No music through the HS-300 at all, even though all the options (services) are checked (except for encryption).

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

the HS 300 does not play music over Blue Tooth.

What OS are you on? On your device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

Hi:  MYVER provides this response: 9300/6.0.0.534.  Since I now know the HS-300 doesn't play music, that's ok.  I still can't hear the beeps when the phone rings (too quiet).  A suggestion I received today was to have the profile on "loud".  Even if I do that, I'm not sure the ringing in the headset will be louder... Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks so much for your help thus far.