Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Hand/Wrist Strap on Bold?

I am considering getting a Bold. However, one thing I must have on all my mobile devices is a hand/wrist strap.

No fancy charms, just something to slip my hand through while I'm using it to prevent my ultimate nightmare—the device crashing to the floor/ground and breaking.

Every device I've seen has something to thread these things through, but when I went to the dealer last night he couldn't find anywhere on his own Bold to thread a strap through.

For me this is one of those deal-breaker things. If I don't have a secure way of holding that thing, I don't want it and I'll have to find a model that allows me to hang onto it securely.

Anyone know if this can be done on the Bold and if so how/where?  Does it require a specially-equipped strap (i.e. with a split ring)?

I couldn't find anything in the documentation available online.

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hand/Wrist Strap on Bold?

Nope. No wrist strap holes on the Bold!

You might find a case that has such, which would allow what you want.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Bold, 8700g

With the screen facing you, look at the bottom right of your Bold. There's a hole where you may insert the loop to attach your strap. Remove the back casing, you should be able to see catch from which to secure your strap to.

I learn something new everyday!

Thanks!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Bold, 8700g

Re: Re: Hand/Wrist Strap on Bold?

You're more than welcome JSanders. Brio9, you really ought to get yourself a Bold Smiley Happy
Contributor

Thank you.  It was either a Bold or a Pearl Flip 8220.  I've been having a hard time making up my mind.  I know the Bold is faster and has GPS (not that I'm in the habit of going anywhere that I'd get lost—I live in a small city), but I've had Motorola flip-style phones for years—a LOT of years.  It would be an adjustment to go to the Bold.

Just getting all of the media and contacts sorted and switched over will be a chore, I think.  Even just learning how to use an entirely different brand of device will be a major adjustment.  However, I've looked over the instruction manual for the Pearl and I have the impression that I can adjust everything pretty much the way I want it on a BlackBerry, which will be nice.

My carrier sent me an offer I just can't pass up—the Pearl flip for free or the Bold for $99.99.  How could anyone with a deal like that handed to them refuse to upgrade?  (Mind you, I also have to spend $15/month for 3 yrs on a data plan, but what the heck?)

Contributor

Well folks, consider me Bold-ed!  Got it this afternoon.

Now I just have to figure it all out....

(A little overwhelmed right now!)

Oh Congrats... play with it and enjoy.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thank you!  I am having fun.  Thrill of the day was finding myself with the GPS...not that I didn't know where I was already, of course!  I've just never had one of those before.

Yes, I know...the things that amuse us when we get a new toy.....