Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Sasktel
Accepted Solution

Handheld Application Loader Wizard has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I keep getting this message when i connect my new Bold 9900 and started getting it on my curve 8330 a couple months ago. I have the newest version of desktop manager 6.0 installed on both my laptop and my PC. The strange thing is it works flawlessly on my laptop, no error messages from either phone. Just got the new Bold last week, plugged it in to PC, same error. I have done alot of reading through the forums and have tried to uninstall and re-install the desktop software 3 or 4 times. Even tried upgrading the OS on the Curve and Bold on the Laptop. Plugged it back into the PC and same problem. I cannot force the Loader.exe to start on PC  when I click on it on the C:\program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Apploader, crashes right away. Even tired a method that outlines how delete registry entries, etc and tried that. Does anyone have any further ideas or more detailed way to resolve this. Seems to be desktop manager issue as no problems with same devices on laptop.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Handheld Application Loader Wizard has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey jamesgg,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

I would suggest uninstalling BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 and install 6.1 from www.blackberry.com/desktop.  BlackBerry Bold 9900 is designed to use that version.

Let me know if you still have the same problem afterwards.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Re: Handheld Application Loader Wizard has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I apologize, it is the newest version 6.1 that I have installed and not 6.0 like I said earlier.. I have tried removing and re-installing again but same problem persits in my Bold 9900 as well as my Curve 8330. I can still synchronize contacts, calendars, tasks and memos, but it wont let me open the applications loader. And like I mentioned before, it is only happening on desktop computer, both phones have no errors when I connect to my laptop which is running same version 6.1.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30, Torch 9800, Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I like you to check out the other 'Handheld error' link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/Handheld-Application-Loader-Wizard-ha...

I spent some time of trying different loader versions and found out that loader version 6.0.1.15 seemed to overcome the error problem. The idea is to replace your current loader.exe version 6.0.1.37 which comes with DTM 6.1 with the older version 6.0.1.15 which I found on the bell device software download page for the torch 9800. We have  to install this device software temporarily and then copy this loader version to a location of your choice, say the desktop and use it later when all the installation dust has settled.

Check out page 3 of the above link for the rest of the info and tell us if it worked for you with some techi-feedback.

New Contributor

Thanks a bunch. I followed the instructions to the letter. Ran the loader from the Apploader folder and connected good. Started the desktop manager and selected a few applications to remove. Everythings seems good now. Appreciate all the help and pointing me to the right info!

Trusted Contributor

Hello Jamesgg, can you tell me which USB host controller resides in your PC with the ‘Handheld error’ and which one is in your laptop? I am collecting ‘lemon’ and ‘friendly’ USB controllers for the record. Who knows what other problems are related to these trolls?

If you liked my previuos suggestion show your support by clicking the blue ’ thumb up’ box in my reply posting. When you click it I get a  ‘like it’ brownie point and if the suggestion resolved your problem, select also “Solution” so other forum members can see the solution 'check mark'  icon beside the  subject header on the forum support listing. Thx.

New Contributor

Sorry but I am not that tech saavy. Can you tell me where to find that info?

Trusted Contributor

Here you can find out what USB host controllers are active in your PC. Open 'Explorer' and right click 'My Computer' and select 'Properties'. Click the 'Tab' named: 'Hardware' and click 'Device Manager'. At the very bottom, click 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers'. There will now some lines appear which have this name '.....USB Host controller’ at the end, e.g..

my PC:

Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller

VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller

my laptop:

Intel ® 81802FB/FBM USB2 Enhanced Host controller  

Intel ® 81802FB/FBM USB Universal Host controller 

Can you just write down your device names so we can collect a list of the non-cooperating controllers? You have 'friendly' ones on your laptop. Those ones we like. Write them down too.

Thank you for clicking the 'thumb up' and 'solution' reply. There is now a 'check mark' icon on your forum subject line and a new 'liked it' point in ‘My Recent Likes Received’ location under my profile. I am still learning how this forum works, look out for check mark icons, etc. When one responds to a subject matter it is moved again to the first page of the forum so it gets renewed attention (most of us start at page 1).

just discovered that one can also tweet a question @blackberryhelp twitter account. Need to check this one out too where RIM techie-people would answer your questions.

New Contributor

Okay, on my desktop USB controllers:

USB Root Hub

USB Root Hub

USB Root Hub

USB Root Hub

VIA REV 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller

VIA USB Enhanced Host Contoller

On my laptop:

Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Univeral Host Controller - 27C8

USB Root Hub

USB Root Hub

USB Root Hub

USB Root Hub

USB Root Hub

Does this help in what you are looing for?

Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Univeral Host Controller - 27C9

Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Univeral Host Controller  - 27CA

Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Univeral Host Controller  - 27CB

Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller  - 27CC

New Contributor

Sorry I will correct the laptop order:

USB Root Hub

USB Root Hub

USB Root Hub

USB Root Hub

VIA USB Enhanced Host Contoller

On my laptop:

Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Univeral Host Controller - 27C8

Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Univeral Host Controller - 27C9