Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

Handheld key store password

Hi,

Last week I did the update of blackberry messenger as requested in the app world. Since then I have a message appeared on the screen asking handheld keystore password "
You are Attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate is not trusted.

[Continue]

[Close connection]

[View certificate]

[Trust Certificate] "

The truth is that I've tried all possible passwords and I can not think of what could be! Only remains for me a try ....

I do not know what to do! Does someone can help me.

Thanks for your help.

Joana

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Handheld key store password

Hello JoanaMadeira

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First Try those steps in a sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Delete and Resend your Service Book

• KB05000 : Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

After reboot please if you recieve the same error , if still getting the same message then try this Knowledge Base :

KB15204 : Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry smartphone prompts the user to trust a new BlackBerry certificate when connecting

Please try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: blackberry

Hi, I have the same problem hey, I don't know what to do or where to go for help
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

khwalo wrote:
Hi, I have the same problem hey, I don't know what to do or where to go for help

Hi khwalo

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please read this Article : How This Site and Formal Support Work . If you're seeking formal support then you should contact your Carrier or mobile service provider.

Regarding your current issue , have you performed those above steps ? 

The above KB Airticle seems to be broken or removed , so if you recieve the same error even after performing those above steps then refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB33968 : "You are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate chain is not valid." displayed after upgrading to BlackBerry Messenger 7.0.X on the BlackBerry smartphone

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: 8.ta

Dear Sir / Lady

I have NO CLUE as to what gibberish your instructions are.

Please can someone who speaks common english advise.....

I want to get this request for a password off, as the others have requested.

Your instructions are not helping one bit, as I have to research all your technical terms and understand your technical procedures first to then finally be able to know what you're talking about and only THEN can I follow your instructions.

KeyNote....  Get that **bleep** Password off the Program, it's causing havoc with me and others as users... absolutely hate it.

X