Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Hard lock Bold 9650

I would really like to know how to get a bold 9650 out of hard lock, to be able to use it on a GSM network again. It's locked to Verizon, but the thing is; when attempts were made to unlock the phone, the wrong code was entered up to the maximum allowed 10 times. So far, one team advises that it can be unlocked, but they have to send for the files from RIM. One other team said they can unlock it, tried...& failed miserably. Please help. I don't want to have such a valuable brick...& personally, we can't afford Verizon's plans. Thanks, in advance, for any help.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Hard lock Bold 9650

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

As a RIM-sponsored site, only officially available methods can be discussed here...and there is no official method to do what you need, except at the RIM factory. And, even if they'd be willing to do so, I've always suspected that the cost would exceed just buying a new one.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you for the reply. How do I go about sending out the model to the RIM factory? And, what do you reckon would be the associated cost for such a repair, given the nature of what was described? Even an approximated/estimated value would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Also, I need a phone number that I can call to SPEAK to a tech support at RIM, where I can make arrangements to send the model in. Thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

adavisjr25 wrote:

Thank you for the reply. How do I go about sending out the model to the RIM factory? 

I think it costs like US$50 just to start

adavisjr25 wrote

And, what do you reckon would be the associated cost for such a repair, given the nature of what was described? Even an approximated/estimated value would be greatly appreciated.

Absolutely no clue.

adavisjr25 wrote:

Also, I need a phone number that I can call to SPEAK to a tech support at RIM, where I can make arrangements to send the model in. .

Doesn't exist. RIM provides no front line support...all of that starts with the carriers and authorized resellers. If they won't help you (and, given what you've described, I doubt they will), your sole channel is via the incident support above.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................