Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Has anyone successfully transferred a DVD to Torch?

I have ripped DVDs and used Handbrake on the 'iPod' setting to convert them to an iPod friendly format.  These play fine on my iPod so I know the files are good.  I then use Blackberry Desktop Software to convert/import them to the Torch.  While watching the video on the Torch everything seems fine at first, but then the audio and video get out of sync.  By the end of a 30 min show it's completely out of whack and the video starts getting choppy as well.  The problem is exacerbated if you tap the screen in order to pause or ff.  I know the sync issues are not within the video file itself because if you stop it, close out, go back in, and ff to a part that was out of sync or choppy it plays fine for a bit.  So it seems to either be the device itself, like the OS just can't handle video, or the Blackberry Desktop Software can't convert it correctly.  Has anyone found the right combo of software to get videos that play fine on the Torch or is this as good as it's going to get?  Has anyone been able to watch a long video, pause it in the middle, and continue without it getting choppy or out of sync?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Has anyone successfully transferred a DVD to Torch?

i did not have any issue with DivX on mine yet, will have to watch another movie on it now and figure out the encoding type.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Also tried moving the video from the card to the device memory, but no change.

New Contributor

Having the same probs here. I bought a class 4 card, instead of class 2 (the one that came with the phone) I noticed this: when a video is widescreen there are no sync issues. when it's full screen, sync issues, every single time.

I'm thinking the graphics card isn't able to handle the video when it's full screen. I wish the company could fix this! It ruins the entire pleasure of watching vids on your phone!

Might as well get an iphone in this case!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

I've been having the exact same problem - but not even with longer DVD videos, regular home videos. As you stated, ones that work fine on the computer and on my iTouch. I've tried loading as an AVI and a pre-converted MP4 - same issue. Very frustrating. Anyone find a solution?