Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9360, Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Have BB International Email Plan and want to avoid any data roaming - T-Mobile

Though she has a data plan, my wife has not loaded any add on applications and does not use the Internet on her BB Bold.  However, upon review of her data usage, she uses a small amount of data every 2 hours or so.  This isn't a problem locally, but she travels abroad for business regularly and is being hit with small but annoying data roaming fees.  Obviously something is syncing on a regular basis, but I can not figure it out.

Since she needs around the clock email access, she adds the BB International Email, and data roaming needs to be on for this to work.

Besides disabling data roaming, what is the process to turn off everything that uses data roaming?

She never had this problem with her old Curve with NO data plan, just the $9.99 BB Email plan.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Have BB International Email Plan and want to avoid any data roaming - T-Mobile

There's no way to turn it off without knowing what app is actually downloading the data and disabling that app.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: TMobile

Re: Have BB International Email Plan and want to avoid any data roaming - T-Mobile

Here are a few tips.

1- Turn off DATA wile Roaming, and only conect via WIFI

2- Backup your phone and internal memory, then remove that apps you will not use during your trip, reinslall on your return.

3- If you dont need the GPS wile traveling

Search-> GPS   TUNR it OFF

Read botom of same page: LOCATIONS DATA and LOCATION AIDING make a choice both are applications that may be using the network.

4- Also consider wrigthing all travel settings on a note and having a copy in your phone for easy access, review etc.

IN MY VIEW BB SHOULD HAVE A SETTING WHERE YOU CAN SELECT WHAT APPS SHOULD BE CONECTED OR NOT DURING YOUR TRIP... CALL IT RAMING SETTING. ANS SHOULD INCLUDE EVERYTHING THAT CAUSES CHARGES.... INCLUDING THE ONES THEY DONT MENTION

All the bes!