Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: BoostMobile

Have I made a mistake buying a blackberry with a mac?????

I am very, very frustrated.  Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Got the blackberry curve 8330 last week.  Has been nothing but trouble syncing with my MacBook.

Tried using the BlackBerry desktop software.  I continually get sync messages giving me the option to either delete a bunch of contacts or calendar events on my mac or to sync later.  Ridiculous not to give an option to keep what is on my computer.  Tried to call BoostMobile for support.  They weren't helpful at all.  And then I found out there is no support through RIM.

So... purchased and downloaded PocketMac.  Well, that was worse than the bb program.  First sync went fine.  Second sync program froze up.  Wasn't able to quit the program so had to unplug device.  Tried again.  This time I was getting ridiculous sync errors matching up two contacts that were no where close to being similar (screenshot attached).  Once again I wasn't able to quit the program so I had to unplug device, which then froze up my whole computer and was not able to shut down.  Had to turn off manually.

I am ready to give up.  But if any of you have some hope you can provide regarding using a mac and a blackberry I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S.  Just looked at my mac address book only to find that all of my contacts are messed up.  Contact information from one contact put in another contacts.  Pictures of one contact in another.  This is crazy.  What is up????