Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Have enough guinea pigs tried the latest May 17, 2010 release -- thumbs up or down ???

Have enough guinea pigs tried the latest May 17, 2010 release -- thumbs up  or down ???  I am trying to avoid pulling my hair out again like I did a few weeks ago with 1.0.3 (build 16) which had to be uninstalled and deleted -- never to be used again.  Thanks.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Have enough guinea pigs tried the latest May 17, 2010 release -- thumbs up or down ???

Oh yeah, that was listed on Versiontracker and someone told me it fixed a bug so I downloaded, installed and successfully synchronized with my Bold 9700.

MacPro2009 OS X 10.6.3

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: orange

Re: Have enough guinea pigs tried the latest May 17, 2010 release -- thumbs up or down ???

NO do not download it!!  endless sync problems with latest version, duplicating data - same old same old!  I do not understand how a software company the size of RIM can be so **bleep** at releasing shoddy software!

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

So that's one for, one against.  I had major sync problems with the 1.0.3 build 16 release. Finally, sorta, got them fixed (but not flawless). Has anyone else tried the newest version on a Curve 8530?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can you do a one way sync from your blackberry to your mac (in this new version) yet?

Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

I took a leap of faith and installed the new version (1.0.3. build 19). While it didn't destroy my data like build 16 did at first, it seems to duplicate every time I sync. So I have 3 or 4 listings of an event on my calendar.

I use a Curve 8530, with Entourage and iCal (synced on Mac OS 10.6). I have DM set to use Entourage as the calendar or contact default for any changes from device.  Not happy with it yet.  Anyone know how to sync it so you get just one listing of an event?  BTW, I don't use the different iCal calendars (work/home).