Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve
My Carrier: Orange

Have just wiped blackberry contacts by incorrectly syncing with mac. Can this be reversed?

Hello,

I have just accidentally replaced all the contacts from my blackberry with my mac's address book contacts and did not want this to happen. Using the blackberry desktop manager I chose the option to sync contacts then overwrote the contacts with the macs ones, rather than merged the contacts. I realise that I pressed the wrong button, but is there any way to reverse this overwrite? Stupidly I have not backed it up before, I don't think. All my fault, I know!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this means I'm going to have to send out a lot of embarrasing emails and facebook messages asking for phone numbers. 

Thanks. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Have just wiped blackberry contacts by incorrectly syncing with mac. Can this be reversed?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, only if you have a backup somewhere do you have the opportunity to fall back. If you used the Desktop Software to ever take a backup, then you can restore to that state. If you used the FREE BB Protect app, then you should have a backup in the cloud from whenever you last used it to backup (which can be automated, btw). If you did not avail yourself of either of those FREE protection methodologies, then you have migrated from the latter to the former of this old saying:

"There are two kinds of computing device users -- those who have lost data, and those who will."

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................