Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: 8520 Edge

Have they taken away my blackberry organizer export to csv files in version 7.

Cannot afford Outlook or Lotus Notes,

This is a severe blow to a disabled veteran with a disabled wife both on fixed incomes.  csv is my only route to openoffice calc which I use to edit and print.

1. Is there a workaround?

2. Has it been moved and I just am not seeing it?

I have searched the following to no avail for:       "desktop software export csv"     In support, all rim sites, blogs, and now here.  The last mention of csv files is either desktop software 6, or server reports.

Because of traumatic brain injury and PTSD my brain's internal organization is full of brain farts, creative filing and "Well, I can tell you every thing about the word I need but the word itself."  So I have to organize externally. The phone company had to get my smartphone out of inventory and me off an obsolescent phone.  It hurt to even pay the reduced price, but this phone and the personal organizer with it has been a life saver repeatedly, getting me to medical appointments and deadlines.  It is my brain the way it should be. 

Any help, pointers or referrals will be very appreciated, because I have more application and info for appointment deadlines I need to get out of my curve and into OpenOffice Calc, and I am feeling very panicky.

LugiWriter: There are 4 rules to writing a Novel, unfortunately no one knows what they are. [sic]
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Have they taken away my blackberry organizer export to csv files in version 7.

Hello -- and apologies for the delayed reply.

They indeed did take away the export to CSV capability. Why? No one who is allowed to post here would, if they have that answer, be allowed to provide it.

But, you can fall back to a Desktop Software version that still supports it...I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................