Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Telus

Have unlock code, but no SIM card in 9530-can I take it out of my iPhone temporarily?

Hi,

I have an unlock code for my Blackberry 9530 that I am selling. But since it was running on CDMA, it never had a SIM card. I now have an iPhone with a SIM card in it, with the same carrier (Telus). Can I put the SIM card in the Blackberry to unlock it, and then put it back into my iPhone? Any thoughts? or will that screw everything up on my iPhone?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Have unlock code, but no SIM card in 9530-can I take it out of my iPhone temporarily?

Yes.  The unlock code doesn't affect the sim card itself.  It only unlocks the device.  You may not even need the sim card in the 9530 to unlock it, but if you do, just pop it in and unlock and then pop it back in the iPhone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: 9700

Re: Have unlock code, but no SIM card in 9530-can I take it out of my iPhone temporarily?

As you mention you remove sim card you have put in any simcard for unlocking it and there will be no effect on the sim card.