Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone PT

Having problems with BB Bold 9780 - OS, ID and App World!

Hello!

I'm having troubles with my device... Since I installed the OS 6.0 version 2949 that I can't work with App World. The next message appears "The App World needs the latest version of the Blackberry ID", but when I try to install it it appears that there's no compatible version available to be installed... Now I'm having trouble with some apps, for example, Whatspp stopped working...

I appreciate if someone can help me!

Thanks a lot,

Rita

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Having problems with BB Bold 9780 - OS, ID and App World!

Hi ritacastro

If you are having problem with the recent version of BlackBerry World , then Download BlackBerry World version 4.0.0.55 which is the best workaround now available for BlackBerry World if on OS6 , also uninstall BlackBerry world from Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and delete App World , then perform another Battery pull restart .

Then From your BlackBerry Browser browse to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 to download version 4.0.0.55 . In addition check this Knowledge Base for further help :

KB29422  BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65.

After Installing this version I hope it will fix the current issue you are having.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone PT

Thanks a lot for your help, but after doing everything everything exactly as you said, the situation got even worse... Smiley Surprised The App World (version 4.0.0.55) and the Whatspp icons have disappeared and I can verify that they are really installed in the phone...

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi ritacastro

Actually it is the best workaround available if you're on OS6 and your device version is prior to 6.0.0.706 ,Have you done a reboot after Installing BlackBerry World ? Try it again and it might be possible thst icon is Hidden , So On your Homescreen  verify the screen is in the ALL  , then  press the Menu key and click on “ Show All Icon“ or “ Unhide Icon “,search each folder  for it, if you can see it but looks like faded then move your cursor over the icon and press Menu key and click  “unhide “ 

Please try it and let us know if it works or not. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.