Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Having trouble connecting

After checking the App World requirements its to do with my not being in the USA, Canada or UK (im in Australia).

RIM should put in a error message to that effect. That would save us all time. 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

rosegrif1 wrote:

After checking the App World requirements its to do with my not being in the USA, Canada or UK (im in Australia).

RIM should put in a error message to that effect. That would save us all time. 

Hello,

the article in the public knowledge has just been updated yesterday. There is a link that details all the countries where AppWorld is available.

KB17659 Minimum requirements for BlackBerry App World

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I was experiencing the following error:

"BlackBerry AppWorld is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry AppWorld server. Verify your network connections and try again."

I experienced this for days and weeks on end.  Possibly over a month where I was unable to download new apps or upgrade existing apps.  I was waiting for RIM to address this issue in an upgrade to Blackberry App World.  This is extremely frustrating and it is quite absurd that RIM would not immediately address this.  It is this type of event that pushes us away from RIM and towards the other alternatives on the market.

With that said, this is what I did to solve the problem:

1. Logged into http://www.blackberry.com/blackberryid using my existing ID and password.

2. Changed my e-mail address to an e-mail address that was NOT associated with my PayPal account.

3. Changed my user ID to match the user name of my e-mail address (i.e., username@email.com).

4. Changed my password for good measure.

5. I was then able to login to Blackberry App World through my phone.

I believe the issue in my case is that my PayPal account is a commercial account associated with multiple e-mail addresses.  I was previously using a BBAW e-mail address that was associated with my commercial PayPal account.  I believe by changing my BBAW e-mail address to an e-mail address NOT associated with my commercial PayPal account it corrected the problem.

If your e-mail address is associated with both BBAW and PayPal, try creating another e-mail address for BBAW that is NOT associated with your PayPal account and see if that works.  It is worth a try.

RIM, please correct this stuff before we move over to your competition!  A phone without the ability to download new applications or upgrade existing applications is nearly useless!

My Device: Not Specified

Run a diagnostics test
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9000
My Carrier: Telstra

How do you run a diagnostic test and what should you look for?

I get the sameproblem when not on WiFi. Switch wifi on and I can download. Switch it off and I get the above error. (I do have a data plan).

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Lime

I have been having the same problem trying to login to BB app world.  No solutions as yet