Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Having trouble connecting

Hi. I downloaded BlackBerry App World but when I open it, I get: BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlacBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again.

What do I do?

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8330

Re: Having trouble connecting

Jak,

Try soft resetting the device first by removing the battery.  After perfoming the soft reset, go to Options -> Mobile Network -> make sure your data services are turned on and that your home network provider is reflecting properly under 'mobile network:' 

Let me know how that works....

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

I am having the same problem. I tried that, but it did not work.
Contributor

I'm having the same problem as well.  I have done a soft reset and a hard reset.  I have turned WiFi off and turned WiFi on.  I have looked at all of my settings and everything appears to be in order.  If if makes any difference, I am using a Bold 9000 and I am on a BES.  There are no restrictions on the BES regarding the App World, so I don't think that is the problem.
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8330

The BB Wrold Server may be temporarily down.... that would be the most likely reason for 2 or more people to have this issue recently -
If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you! Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Getting same problem, been searching for a solution yet to find anything posted.
New Contributor

Re: Re: Having trouble connecting

i have been having this issue since 5 AM. Many others are on the site so I am assuming it is not that the servers are down. I deleted the app, reloaded it, rebooted etc.... to no avail. Hoping for a solution from RIM as soon as possible. THANKS!
New Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Having trouble connecting

I've tried everything that would normally kick the software into action but it's just not having it! I thought server issues but it's been resisting to load for hours.

Re: Re: Re: Having trouble connecting

Same problem here.  Storm 9530 on leaked OS 103. Have tried uninstall/reinstall, OTA & via Desktop website + battery pull but same error for the past 5 hours.

"blackberry app world is having trouble connecting to the blackberry app world server.  verify your network connections and try again."

I'm having the same problem, as is one of my co-workers.  Nothing works.