Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Telus

Having trouble watching recorded videos

Hi,

I just got my Blackberry Bold a couple weeks ago and I'm just getting used to the video function. I went to a concert last night and recorded some great videos but I noticed I made a huge mistake - when I was finished recording them, I pressed the "pause" button but I didn't know I had to then press the "stop" button to save the video properly. All I did was press the "end" button and assumed it saved.

Now when I try to watch the videos, I get a message saying the video "is of an unsupported format." It still says that the videos are there, but it says they are all 0 seconds long and there are no thumbnails. In the meantime, I've transferred all the video files onto my computer, but I can't seem to get them to work there either. I feel like there is some hope because at least the MB values look about right. Is there a way I can recover these files? I would really appreciate some help.

Thank you!

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Having trouble watching recorded videos

Hey clm22,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What BlackBerry Bold are you currently using?  Also try using QuickTime on the computer to play the videos on your computer.

If you record a new video and try to play it, are you receiving the same error?  Are you recording the in HD quality?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Having trouble watching recorded videos

Hi there,

I am using the Bold 9900. I've tried playing the videos on Quicktime but it gives me a message saying "it is not a file Quicktime understands." Yes I recorded them in HD quality I believe.

I did try recording several videos since then and sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. For example, with one video, I specifically pressed the "pause" button and then the "stop" button and the playback was fine. And yet when I tried this a second time, the "stop" button would not respond and then those videos would not playback. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence or if it is actually causing the problem.

I tried taking videos without the SD card inserted and they worked that way. I then formatted the SD card but that didn't seem tohelp.

Thanks for the reply!

Chelsea