Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Globe

Headphone Jack (only right part is working)

Guys, I just got my BB torch less than a month ago, I didn't dropped it or what...It's just whenever I play musci from headphones only the right part is working (the left is not) I tried many headphones but it is really not working...Back then it works well...uhmmm but I am using a Samsung headphones back then, do you think it is because I used a Samsung headphones that's why it is no longer working now??? or it is just an OS issue? because I haven't updated it since then...PLEASE I AM REALLY IN NEED OF HELP, there is NO BB SERVICE CENTER IN MY COUNTRY PLEASE..thanks Smiley Sad

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Headphone Jack (only right part is working)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you describe, I doubt it's a software or OS level problem...but you can always update to test.

If it is a hardware problem (as I suspect...but only a qualified hardware technician with the device in their hands can possibly say for certain), then your recourse is warranty service. You seek warranty service from your original place of purchase...if they were an authorized reseller, they are responsible for all of your warranty service.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

thanks for responding, do you think the possible reason for that is because I used a samsung headphones which is not compatible for my phone? Really thanks again! Smiley Happy
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I doubt it, but there's no way to say 100%.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Have you tried a different set of headphones? If not, try that first. There should be no problem with the compatibility issues with the Samsung earphones as long as the pin jack is the right size and it is obviously or you would not have been able to plug it in.

New Contributor

uhmm, I sure did..I tried many headphones but it still won't work...I don't know what to do now Smiley Sad
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, I just had to ask. A contact may be dirty, or it may be bent inside the phone or broken. You can clean it by using a little electronic parts cleaner on the plug and inserting and removing the earphone plug a few times. If that doesn't help you most likely have something broken or bent inside.

Do you happen to have any bluetooth speakers or headphones you could try?

New Contributor

I don't have bluetooth speakers sir but I tried using headphones too...I guess I would try searching for a repair center that would hel me..thanks for your time=)
Contributor

I hope you find a solution.