Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Headset problems

I just got a BlackBerry Curve 8310 and I'm having trouble getting music to play through the headset...I'm using the wired stereo headset that came with it and can only seem to get the music to play through the phone's internal speakers.

I've been trying to get it to work with the sample song and my ring tones does it just not work with these? I don't have a SD card yet (getting one Friday) so I haven't put any full length songs on it yet. I was just seeing how the stereo headset sounded but can't get it to work!

Any idea what the problem might be? Thanks in advance!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Headset problems

does the headset work fine work some other device like a walkman or an ipod ?

did you try another headset with your Blackberry ?

did you adjust he colume using the two metal buttons on the right side of the Blackberry near the screen ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I'm having a similar problem... my blackberry headset does not work properly. I mean.. it was working when I first got it-- and then all of a sudden, it stopped. It was cold outside, and I never really thought about it again. I was frustrated... and about a week ago I called tech support to inquire...

They siad my blacberry headset jack was most likely damaged, as:

1. My boyfriend also has a blackberry, and I had the same problem with his out-of-box blackberry headset. (It would work, and then not work unless I pulled it out of the jack slightly).
  2. Regular headphones I use with my ipod worked just fine in my blackberry (curve, by the way).
  3.  My headset worked in a sales associate phone when I took it into the store. Granted... my store doesn't fix blackberries-- they just have you send them in.

Luckily... I'm under warently. I wish I weren't so in love with this phone... it seems to be really fragile. My last one was coming apart at the seams in the back around the battery come day 2....

... wait until you try to upgrade your phone's software...... whew. It's rough.

ps. it's working right now. i just gave it a go. i'm (obviously) indoors and sitting at the computer. wtf??   :manmad:

Message Edited by bbt83 on 01-19-2009 01:22 PM
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

Hi there.  I'm wondering if you ever got the headset problem fixed?

I have a similar problem to you.  I go running outside, and when I'm listening to music the blackberry switches between the headset and the speaker.

I think it has something to do with the mute/end call/button on the headset and the mic in the headset.  I think if the mic picks up noise (which it's more likely to get outside than inside) it switches....

Anyhow, if you (or anyone else) has any more thoughts, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: thabang

I have problems with my 9300 curve I can't listen to music it uses the loud speak help people what can I do ?
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello thabi69,

while you are listening to a music file, open the menu and select "Use headphone".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: