Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: telenor

Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

Hi i am having a weird problem with my device bold 9780.
Consider that i am using device with switching the mobile network off and not even taking BB services.. My browser works fine on wi-fi but appworld only works whenever the phone is restarted and it only works for a day after that it starts giving an error " we cant connect to BB app world. Please ensure that your device is connected to a wireless network and try again " it wont work again unless the phone is restarted.. i have tried reinstalling the appworld and even also wiping the phone but the problem remains same.

Please please help me out with this problem. I'll be waiting!! :smileyhappy:

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

Yu can try this:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB28188&sliceId=1&cm...

I found multiple solutions here too:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=catego...

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

Thanks for your response! 

But those problems that people had is of different kind ! :/
My App World does work but only is the phone is restarted ( battery pull resstart ). And this works fine for a day than it starts giving that error!!! And the browser works fine in all situations!! I am using only wi-fi for accessing App World ( Facebook also) they both only work when the phne is restarted and they work for a day only, browsing via browser is done without any issue! 

Forums Veteran III

Have you reported this to your carrier?  I listed multiple solutions.  Not sure exactly which one will resolve your issue.  Did you read and try each one?  You could take it to the carrier, show them the error and let them resolve it.

its not my carrier problem... my friends have the same carrier and it works fine on their (they also use wi-fi only).. 

I dont even use mobile network.. i just use wi-fi.. i have told my carrier to shut off the mobile internet for my sim card.. in short i cant access from my carrier network!

I think either its my OS issue or somthing with the device...

browser works evertime but app world only when the device is restarted and lasts working for a day then it starts giving error that " we cant connect to BB app world. Please ensure that your device is connected to a wireless network and try again ". and it wont works untill i restart the device!

Trusted Contributor

hey thank you once again but i think that i am having this problem posted below...

Go to Options -> Device -> Advanced System Settings -> Service Book. Once inside confirm that the service book BlackBerry App World [APPWORLD] exists.

in service book APPWORLD doesnot exist!!! Will you please tell me how to get it! Smiley Happy

Forums Veteran III

Okay, you have to report this to the carrier so they can check the problem for you. That service book is pushed from them. Call (or go to the store) and report you are missing that service book.
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

On your 9780, What is your Operating System loaded to your device? Look at Options > Device > About, third line down beginning with a "v.6.0.x.xxx", What is yours?

At Options > Device > Applications, what is the version of Appworld installed?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor

device version is 6.0.0.668, platform 6.6.0.236
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Waqar, you've stated you have no Data Plan attached to your account - this would be the reason App World does not work. 

In order to use App World you need a Blackberry Data Plan.