Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

Yep, be patient. Backup your device BEFORE any upgrade.

I may not be around much tomorrow, being Christmas and holidays

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: telenor

i

Oh so sad that you may not be available tomorrow... hope to see you day after tomorrow!!

And i am pretty sure that this will solve my problem... but today for the first time my internet is **bleep** too slow dont know why!!! :@

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

Sir i just followed all the steps and when it came to the apploader part, i ran loader then it came a screen i did press next and then my pin number came after that when the screen came of ADDING THE SOFTWARE ON THE DEVICE, it searched nothing on it ( the new software version)... i didnt had any previous software in my laptop to be removed but there was a software updater, is that to be removed ?? 

And after it didnt work i updated my device ( it was previously wiped following those steps) via BB desktop manager and now i got a software refresh instead of update to 6.0.0.723. hope this thing solves my problem.

But please answer the question above about the software updater!!

I'll be waiting! Smiley Happy

waqar_aziz wrote:

it searched nothing on it ( the new software version)... i didnt had any previous software in my laptop to be removed but there was a software updater, is that to be removed ??

Sorry, I don't understand this question.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor

u know it has a step where it says to remove all BB softwares via add or remove ( control panal). i only had to BB stuffs in add or remove program... one was BB desktop software ( which is not to be uninstalled) and the second was software updater... is this to b removed because in loader (apploader) after the step when it shows the PIN number of the device then a screen comes in which the addition of new OS is shown, in my case the new os was shown in add/remove (means it is installed) but it was not there.. that final screen didnt search the new OS for my device
Trusted Contributor

http://www.blackberryos.com/blackberry-how-guides/4946-all-one-guide-how-upgrade-your-device-picture...

in this step (4th step) the second screen shot of APPLICATION LOADER WIZARD didnot load the new OS for the device (application name column remained empty)

waqar_aziz wrote:
http://www.blackberryos.com/blackberry-how-guides/4946-all-one-guide-how-upgrade-your-device-picture...

in this step (4th step) the second screen shot of APPLICATION LOADER WIZARD didnot load the new OS for the device (application name column remained empty)

Had you deleted the vendor.xml file?

Did you have the correct OS file for your model downloaded?

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor

yes I deleted the vendor file n also have downloaded correct software... the link which u gave
Trusted Contributor

Hahaha sir now it has got even worse!! before software refresh app world used to work for after reboot and then i used to give error that connect to a wireless network but now it works for few hours after reboot and give error verify your network connection and try again!!
please help me i know i might be irritating you but i am sure you will help me with this!!

Not irritating at all, but I just don't understand the issue you're facing.

Could you please explain it clearly?

Knowledge Base Updates