Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: telenor

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html
go to this site and the go for middle east and there you can see 2 carriers : TELENOR PAKISTAN and UFONE PAKISTAN
I have Telenor and this carrier is not giving the update of 9780... but if i open Ufone there is update of 9780 available!
Do you think this could make any difference??
Although i am not taking any services! :/
Solutions: 6,394
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hello i am new on BB and having this problem please any one can help me out!

I don't know off the top of my head, what are the version numbers of the available update?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor

:/
Except telenor all other providers in my country are providing the software for 9780 on that site!!
So what do you say?!

Sorry. Now I am confused again of what you're asking.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor

See what I am trying to say is that my problem still remains the same... My friend told me to update the OS from that site of the same carrier that you r using! So when I opened that site, my carrier is telenor and in the option of telenor's update in that site there was no software avaiable for bold 9780 but in that site all other carriers in my country showed the software for bold 9780... You can open that site and go telenor pakistan, ufone pakistan, warid pakistan and mobilink pakistan. There you can see by youself that telenor is not showing the software for 9780 which is my carrier!!! So could this have any inteterfare in my problem??!

I don't think that should have any bearing on your problem.

it does not matter which carrier software you install to your BlackBerry... the OS files are the same for all releases from different carriers, and the only which differs is the themes and bloatware installed by the loader reading the vendorID on your device.

So, no that doesn't matter.

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor

It means that there is no way for me to get rid of this problem??! :/

AppWorld should work on an 9780 with OS6 device, using a WiFi only connection (with no service plan from Telenor).

I don't know why it is working only for a day and stopping.You/we have done everything in this thread I can think of.

If you had a BlackBerry data service plan with Telenor, you could call Telenor and free technical help on this issue direct from RIM.

One last thing I might recommend you try is to

1. downgrade the AppWorld version to 4.0.0.55. You can do this by deleting the current AW from Options > Device > Application Management. Scroll to AppWorld and delete it.
  2. Then Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.
    Then,
  3. Browse to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3
  4. After download, please restart your BlackBerry smartphone when prompted.
  5. Verify that BlackBerry App World is located on the home screen.

Now, let's see what happens.

Also, Telenor is in many countries, where are you located?

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor

Pakistan! Middle east!
Trusted Contributor

i deleted it from there and says that deletion will occur when handheld is restarted. Restart now?
what should i do yes or no ?!!