Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello, newbie here - I have a question re uploading pics to Facebook..

it used to work fine - one of my favourite features tbh, then before Christmas the phone kept freezing for no reason, at least every couple of days, sometimes a few times a day. I would have to either soft or hard reboot it.

The general problem seems to have gone away somehow (I haven't done anything) but now whenever I upload a pic to FB the phone freezes, and again I have to hard or sot reboot it - doesn't seem to be a pattern to when it needs hard or soft.

Any ideas?

I love my phone but I am pretty fed up with the freezing because my battery looks old and battered on one side now where I have to keep prising it out to hard reboot :-(

Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: Lime Grenada

Re: Hello, newbie here - I have a question re uploading pics to Facebook..

You need to upgrade the software for FB. Once you visit the FB page from your mobile you should get a link to download latest version.

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Hello, newbie here - I have a question re uploading pics to Facebook..

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem. My FB version is up to date (1.9.0.20). I am running OS version v6.0.0.246, and may try upgrading to the newer version. Which OS are you running? I will let you know if the upgrade seems to make a difference. Right now, my phone crashes every time I send a pic to FB, but I usually do it through the camera view, and the crash seems to be camera related (though the camera doesn't crash if I don't upload pics). I wonder if the crashes will still happen if you upload the photos through the actual FB app. Will try sending a few pics that way to see if it works.

ETA: Okay, I tried sending ONE pic through the FB app, and it crashed. The error I got when my phone started working again was: "uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_facebook (295) is not responding; process terminated"

Going to call my carrier and see what they suggest.