Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Help! Anyone know any way to fix a small scratch on screen?

Okay so I was ignorant to think I didn't need a screen protector - thought it would look "lame" but unfortunately I've gotten a small scratch on the screen of my month old Tour.  Thought if I never put it in my pocket and used the holster and all it would be fine. 

BUT!  I have a small scratch and was wondering if anyone has advice how to get rid of it or at least minimize it???

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help! Anyone know any way to fix a small scratch on screen?

1. Get a screen protector yesterday. Smiley Happy

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_get_a_screen_protector%3F

2. There are some screen scratch fixes out there... I've never seen one that really worked well. I don't recall the name of the product, but at Automative stores there is some scratch repair liquid, but I don't guarantee it.

At this point, I'd minimize your grief by getting protection from here forward.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Help! Anyone know any way to fix a small scratch on screen?

I was under the impresson the Blackberry touch screens were difficult to scratch. Under hard conditions nothing is unscratchable.

If the scratch really bothers you, bring your phone back to your dealer, and let them send it back to Blackberry service. They can replace the screen or the screen bezzel. It's not going to be cheap to change.

You can try using a polishing compound that is for acrylic surfaces. With a lot of time, skill at hand polishing, and a lot of patients it is possible to polish out the scratch. Turtlewax is one manufacture that makes polishes for acrylic.

When polishing the screen surface you will remove some of the optical anti-glare coating. This is the downside for polishing.

If you put on a screen protector, it may mask the scratch if the scratch is very small.

A number of years ago I had a phone where I made a scratch in the screen. I sent it back, and they changed the screen. It cost me about half the price of a new phone.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.