Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: viettel

Help Blackberry Curve 9380 Stolen & Other advice required

Hey All,

My BB Curve 9380 got stolen the other day, is there a way to wipe it remotely? I have the imei number, have already blocked the sim card, i want to render the phone useless. Also is it possible to use the backup from this phone and get everything on a new z10 or q10? Or will i have to stick with the same type of phone?

Please help.

Best

Sam

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Help Blackberry Curve 9380 Stolen & Other advice required

Hello,

This post/thread contains all information related to your unfortunate situation:

sammesani wrote:Also is it possible to use the backup from this phone and get everything on a new z10 or q10? Or will i have to stick with the same type of phone?

Refer to the information provided on (and linked from) this page:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: viettel

Thanks for your response, but i was previously using the BB desktop software and all my old contacts etc are backed up in that? is it possible to transfer the data and contacts into the z10 through that?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

sammesani wrote:

Thanks for your response, but i was previously using the BB desktop software and all my old contacts etc are backed up in that?

Given that phrasing, I must assume you are asking IF you took a backup...only you can answer that question...I cannot see your computer to see if you have any backup files on it.

sammesani wrote:

is it possible to transfer the data and contacts into the z10 through that?

Well, as that link I gave you shows, there is a method if you have your actual device. But I've not yet found a method to use the backup file to do the transfer...doesn't mean such a method doesn't exist, just that I haven't found it.

What I think I'd actually recommend is that you use one of the free PC-based backup extractor tools and then get your data into a desktop PIM (e.g., Outlook). Then configure Outlook to OTA sync with your chosen email service (for calendar and contacts, I found that Outlook.com worked the best for free) and separately configure your Z10 to sync with the server. That way, you will not even need the direct USB sync since the server will be the transport medium for your normal use.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................