Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT &T

Help!!! Camera Shutter Sound

I'm still waiting for a setting 2 turn off the camera shutter sound! Can anyone help please???

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help!!! Camera Shutter Sound

Waiting for what? There is no option turn that off..

You'll need a third party app to do so, there are several, look for any Camera Mute App.

There is one built in to Quick Launch.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Which App would shut the sound off? I know where my Blackberry App Center that's not a problem.....my problem is finding the correct App....Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Quick Launch

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I would have to pay for the app which is fine, I just want to make sure it does mute my camera......I have gone into the website nikkisoft.com which is the maker of QuickLaunch and it doesn't mention the camera mute feature.....

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

snip

* Camera Shutter Mute – turn off the camera shutter sound (not available on 9800 & 8300)

from

http://www.blackberrysites.com/2010/09/13/quicklaunch-for-the-blackberry-torch-still-kicks-**bleep**...

so maybe it does not work on torch.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

I purchased the app and it has nothing for the Torch! How upsetting......

Thanks for all your help! Smiley Happy

If you by any chance know of an App let me know please Smiley Happy

Guru III
My Device:

I have been going through a lots of threads and I believe it is going to be tough to turn it off or there are too many legal issues about removing the feature.

Sorry you missed my post before buying it.

New Contributor

I am going through some websites and looking for an App if I am lucky and I find one I will let all the Blackberry Torch users know ASAP Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Singtel

Hi,

You may want to try this web:

http://zmanblog.info/2011/11/07/blackberry-app-camera-shutter-mute/

I have used it on my BB 9700 (OS 5) and it works! However, after I have changed to Torch 2, it does not work on it anymore.  =(

Remember to reboot after installing and it will be on your bb logo option button when you need it. All you need to do it just press "mute!".