Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Onyx II 9780
My Carrier: Cellular Shop

Help Can't Activate Email

i recently switch my GSM card with a friend for a while and putting it back to my Bold 9780.

After I did that, i no longer able to recieve any email or send it (the icon disappeards as well). I tried to go to setup, i go for the Email one. It direct me to a page where my email is already entered and it's can't be edited, then there's also a space for me to key in the password. However after i entered the password and activate it, it says "Sorry, unable to continue your session. Please login again". and there's only "Ok" option on the screen.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Help Can't Activate Email

Hi rafael_ivan

To clarify, are you currently using your original SIM or your friend's SIM?

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Onyx II 9780
My Carrier: Cellular Shop

currently im using my own email.. the problem is already resolved after taking advise from a member, that is to go to mobile.blackberry.com and validate the email via mobile sites Smiley Happy now it's already working Smiley Happy

thx for the help Smiley Happy

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

That's great! Glad to hear it! Smiley Happy

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell

I now have the exact same problem as this. I have replaced my own sim card (Bell) and email setup returns this error. When  I attempt to solve through mobile.blackberry.com I receive a huge error message HTTP Status 500...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

James

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: DST

I'm having the same problem.. all the sulotions mentioned above did not work work me.. any other suggestions? thanks

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Same problem here, can't activate existing email addresses. Going to mobile.blackberry.com and clicking on Launch Email Setup after picking an email service results in the above mentioned 500 server error

My Device: Blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Mobistar

Same here: I had an old blackberry on which the email settings worked just fine. I bought the Blackberry blod 9700 today, and I always get this message "sorry unable to continue your session"; I can't edit my email adress, and when I try to aolve th eproblem by going online, I get this "HTTP status 500".... It is quite frustrating!!!! Anyone know what to do??

Lithium