Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Help- Contacts Sychronization problem for my bold 9900

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone can help me. This week I upgraded to the Bold 9900, everything transfered fine, etc. I am now working on synching everything as usual, but I am having a problem with my contacts synch.

I have it set for my contacts one way transfer from my PC to my device only, as I have some personal contacts on my device that I dont want on my work PC. This is how I have always synched, with no problem. However, everytime I initialize the synch, it asks me to confirm deletion of about 550 contacts on my device, which I certainly dont want to delete. In my opinion, it should not ask me to delete any contacts on my device, as its a one way sync only from PC to Device. The check box "Replace all entries on your device with the entires on your computer" is not checked. I have always had it this way with my previous blackberry's without a problem, but I cant seem to figure out how to procede with my synch without confirming the deletion of these entries on my device, which I dont want to delete. Obvoiusly I update my work contacts on my PC all the time, so I need it to synch one way to my device. Can someone please help tell me what am I doing wrong? Everything else seems to synch fine.

Thank you.