Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Help Downloading Applications

I'm new to Blackberry, so sorry if this question seems a little basic.

I'm trying to download some applications and games to my BB using the Application Loader.  When I go through the process and click on the finish button, I get the message:

The following modules could not be loaded because their digital signatures were invalid.

J2X_EL_en_RIM_v220.cod

Now I'm highlighting the alx file as instructed, but I keep getting this response, as if I'm selecting the cod file.

Can anyone help decipher what's going on?

Thanks kn advance.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Help Downloading Applications

If you are on a BES server, it likely means that your admin has disabled downloading of 3rd party applications.  This policy applies whether using the app loader or loading from the internet.  Many admins, including myself, implemented that restricting last year when the first trojan BlackBerry app was discovered.  Due to the nature of the BB's connection through the BES server, a trojan BB app can allow hackers to gain access to your corporate network.  If you can convince your BES Admin that the applications are safe, they can load the cod and alx files onto the BES server, index them and add them to a software config that will allow you to install them on your device.
posted by DigitalFrog
My Device: BB Bold
My Carrier: Mobistar

I'm having the same problem with a brand new 9700 running OS 5.0.  
Is it possible the IT Policy setting you talk about has somehow been pre-installed on by device?

Highlighted
New Developer

Reset to factory settings doesn't solve the problem for me.  I tried the loader.exe /resettofactory utility with no result.  I still get the same error message when I try to install an application on the phone.

What else could be the problem?

New Developer

I meddled with the sigtool.db file (which I shouldn't have done) and linked the wrong URL to the RRT.

This thread can be marked as solved now, I think we handled all possible causes for this error :-)