Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Tour (VZW)

Help Editing Documents

So I am borrowing my friend's Storm for the week to see if I like it.  Anyways I have had the Storm for a couple of days and have upgraded to the new OS and I mostly LOVE the phone.  BUT my only concern is a major one.  I tend to make a lot of typos in general and even more with the Storm Touch screen that is OK except I am having major problems editing my e-mails and documents.  The problem is I am having problems getting the cursor to the exact spot where the error is (I keep my nails very short).  So I often have to delete a word or several words just to fix a simple one letter mistake.  I wish this thing had arrow keys or a mouse/touch pad/trackball to make this process of moving around documents in a precise manner easier.  It is maddening trying to edit my documents now.

So my question is any ideas on how to help me edit my documents easier?  Are other people having the same issue?  Do you think the BlackBerry would make a software update that added arrow keys to make it easier move around on documents?

Thanks for your comments.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm - 9530

Re: Help Editing Documents

mozy wrote:

So I am borrowing my friend's Storm for the week to see if I like it.  Anyways I have had the Storm for a couple of days and have upgraded to the new OS and I mostly LOVE the phone.  BUT my only concern is a major one.  I tend to make a lot of typos in general and even more with the Storm Touch screen that is OK except I am having major problems editing my e-mails and documents.  The problem is I am having problems getting the cursor to the exact spot where the error is (I keep my nails very short).  So I often have to delete a word or several words just to fix a simple one letter mistake.  I wish this thing had arrow keys or a mouse/touch pad/trackball to make this process of moving around documents in a precise manner easier.  It is maddening trying to edit my documents now.

So my question is any ideas on how to help me edit my documents easier?  Are other people having the same issue?  Do you think the BlackBerry would make a software update that added arrow keys to make it easier move around on documents?

Thanks for your comments.

This was the killer for me. I have fat fingers that are not translucent, so I make lots of typos...and trying to correct them on the .65 release BETA, was a problem. The methods to correct an error were painstaking. And I was more tired from finger typing on that then when I worked in Word Processing!

So was the lack of any native word processing program without an $70 upgrade.

The HTC Touch seemed OK, but this lacks any integration with the Navigation from the Outlook contacts on board. Who wants to copy the info to paper, only to reinput the info to get directions?

And I still cannot get weather for my city on the Touch Pro...Barcelona? How about cities in the SoCal desert?

My Device: BlackBerry Bold

BlackBerry Storm Highlight an Item or text

• To highlight an item, touch the screen lightly.
  • To reposition the cursor for editing, place your finger on the touch screen and hold it there without clicking. The cursor will change to a hollow rectangle. You can now move your finger around the screen to reposition the cursor.
  • To select an item or to place the cursor, click (press) the screen.
  • To cut or copy text and paste it into an application, simultaneously touch the screen before and after the text that you want to copy. Click the cut or copy icon at the bottom of the screen. Place the cursor where you want to insert the cut or copied text. Press the Menu key. Click Paste.

BlackBerry Storm Highlight Items

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
Contributor
My Device: Storm

Gambit wrote:

BlackBerry Storm Highlight an Item or text

• To reposition the cursor for editing, place your finger on the touch screen and hold it there without clicking. The cursor will change to a hollow rectangle. You can now move your finger around the screen to reposition the cursor.

I am starting to think the Documentation department at RIM forgot to add "brace for slow and inaccurate results near edge of screen, same for demarcation between text and keyboard, and have lots of patience".

Help if anybody knows how to overcome this most annoying aspect of the phone!!!

Thank you.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I found this video on YouTube to be very helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpxf28ja67Q

good luck.